HELPING YOU DELIVER CHANGE IN AN EVER MORE INTERCONNECTED WORLD
Thanks to IoT and 5G connectivity never has the commercial world been more connected. As such businesses are eager to transform operational processes to drive increased sustainability, deliver efficiency gains, offer new services over and above product ranges, to bring financial resilience, or to launch new and innovative products in line with changing market requirements to ensure they remain market leaders in their respective fields.
IoT and Industry 4.0 are redefining the industrial landscape. To satisfy increasingly demanding customers, manufacturers must have greater visibility across their production lines, supply chain and QC processes so they can quickly respond to changing market conditions. Smart manufacturing paves the way for these factories of the future by applying Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) technologies. This step-change will not only transform your manufacturing processes at an operational level, but will open the door to new revenue streams and increased profit margins.
We work closely with you to fully understand your objectives, the stakeholders involved and how you will measure success. Based on this we can determine the data needed to achieve this. This could involve connecting equipment, installing sensors, accessing historian or historical production data - and applying this in context with your customer orders and supply chain. We will create the analysis, dashboards, alarms, and machine learning models needed to meet your objectives, while ensuring key actionable insights are delivered to stakeholders in a clear and timely manner.
The primary benefits are typically focussed around cost saving, improved sustainability, and safety, such as:
- Efficiency improvements, insights into staff and production line efficiency enable actions to improve performance and allocate resources better
- Reduced downtime, by ensuring equipment is repaired or consumables are replaced in a timely fashion prior to an event which results in shutdown
- Reduced maintenance cost, by only carrying out maintenance when needed reduces expensive pre-planned maintenance cycles, and prevents costly catastrophic failure
- Monitoring energy and resource usage allows for more effective planning and operation, increase sustainability
- Managing safety, for example, to prevent moving equipment and people overlapping in shared environments, and ensuring air quality is within acceptable limits.
Whether supplying equipment to your customers, or managing a fleet of assets in the field, it is becoming more important to have insight into these assets, how they are being used, and when they need repair or consumables. It is critical to maximise the return on investment on these complex, expensive, industrial assets, which means ensuring they can operate 24/7, and ensuring fleet maintenance at a low cost. The reduction in cost of connectivity, sensors, and cloud compute means effective asset monitoring is now within the reach of all businesses and can deliver significant benefits to your business.
We work with you to understand the nature of your business, the assets you have deployed, and the customer and business benefits that can be achieved from having a live view of your fleet. To enable a live picture of your operational assets, we will capture data via sensors or connection to industrial equipment, securely ingest, store, and present in clear dashboards. We can provide alarms and alerts to highlight specific issues based on this data, and use predictive services to spot critical maintenance insights prior to costly equipment failure.
Asset condition monitoring will increase visibility into your fleet of assets, allowing you to maximise return on investment on those assets, and keep maintenance costs low. Typical benefits of Connected Assets can include:
- Reduced maintenance costs, instead of costly fixed maintenance cycles, often resulting in no work, using predictive maintenance problems can be addressed before critical failures occur when the work needs doing
- Consumable and parts replenishment, predictive maintenance can improve the consumables and parts supply chain, essential on assets with long life spans where parts have long lead times.
- Compliance, in some industries measurements from assets or the environment can be critical to compliance, ingesting and securely storing these readings can reduce this burden
- Additional revenue streams, for clients who manufacture and supply industrial equipment.
Historically products used by consumers were built and shipped, with very little connection to the consumer and limited knowledge of why and how products were being used. Our clients now seek a far greater connection and understanding of their customers, and are looking to build new products to delight users in new and different ways, often with complimentary wrap around services. The advancement in 5G, IoT and cloud computing mean that there is even greater opportunity to build differentiated products in highly competitive B2C and B2B2C markets.
Working to understand your business and customer needs, we translate into compelling connected products using our deep knowledge of software development and services from device to mobile to AWS, and our range of partners in hardware, industrial, and customer experience design. Whether building Bluetooth connected devices and applications, or complex consumer products, we have the experience to deliver the right solutions to your customers. Making use of AWS IoT services we can streamline many aspects of managing a large fleet of consumer products including end to end security, user onboarding, firmware updates, and analytics.
There are numerous benefits to a connected products including:
- Deep understanding of customer product use, enabling product refinement and design to improve and keep customers engaged.
- Personalisation, allowing products to adapt and change to meet the specific needs of the consumer.
- Consumable replenishment, where products have consumables, develop wrap around services to deliver consumables to customers as they need them
- Loyalty, develop loyalty solutions based on product use, whether a product in a consumer's home, or a fleet of B2B2C products in the field, increasing product use and engagement
- Sustainability, completely rethink your product, in a world which demands us to reduce, reuse and recycle.